Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Guts and Glory Ride Gets Derailed

I received a phone call from the organizer of the rally, and I could tell from the sound of the ring tone that I was not going to be receiving good news.  Indeed, I was informed that due to pending litigation from a “competing” event, this year’s rally has had to be postponed….for a year. 
I won’t get into the specifics – I don’t know them all, but I will note that the filing was perfectly timed to disrupt as many plans, organizers, and participants as possible.  Here we are less than a month away, almost all of the logistics have been set, and poof!  No cross country adventure.  It’s very disheartening for the organizers, for the charities that were to benefit from this event, and for the participants.  OK, what to do now?  Got to get on the bike and go somewhere.  I can’t let Sigourney down.  We’ve come too far to just drop all thoughts of a trip.  I’ve got a heated jacket liner, and I aim to use it.  And sunglasses.  And duct tape.  Dammit, I’m going somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment